1. Look with amazement.
5. A small island.
9. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
13. A small piece of cloth.
16. On or toward the lee.
17. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
18. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
21. King of England who was renounced by Northumbria in favor of his brother Edgar (died in 959).
23. Of or belonging to an aecium.
25. Belongs to lowest social and ritual class in India.
27. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
29. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
30. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
32. Avatar of Vishnu.
34. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
46. Nonresinous wood of a fir tree.
47. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
48. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
50. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
51. A sharp narrow ridge found in rugged mountains.
53. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
54. Baby bed with high sides.
56. Any tropical African shrub of the genus Protea having alternate rigid leaves and dense colorful flower heads resembling cones.
60. Love intensely.
62. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
64. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
65. Nocturnal badger-like carnivore of wooded regions of Africa and southern Asia.
66. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
67. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
69. Of or relating to or involving an area.
70. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
72. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
74. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
75. Relating to symptoms (especially malarial fever) that appear every other day.
77. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
79. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
82. Celebes megapode that lays eggs in holes in sandy beaches.
84. At a previous time.
87. Wasting of the body during a chronic disease.
93. Slightly open.
94. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
95. A finely woven white linen.
97. The 2nd longest European river.
99. A proportion multiplied by 100.
100. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
101. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
103. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
104. The residue that remains when something is burned.
105. Glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust.
106. An informal term for a father.
107. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
1. A wound made by cutting.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. One that wears or carries or displays something as a body covering or accessory.
4. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
5. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
6. The act of scanning.
7. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
8. King of Northumbria who was converted to Christianity (585-633).
9. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
10. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
11. The cry made by sheep.
12. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
13. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
14. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
15. Offering fun and gaiety.
22. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
24. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
26. 35th President of the United States.
28. The (usually elliptical) path described by one celestial body in its revolution about another.
31. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
35. A mining town in southern Wales.
36. A city in northwestern Syria.
38. Regional and archaic.
40. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
41. A coarse lace.
42. A musician who adapts a composition for particular voices or instruments or for another style of performance.
45. A narrow thin strip of wood used as backing for plaster or to make latticework.
49. Troublemaker who participates in a violent disturbance of the peace.
52. Having been read.
55. Draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs.
57. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
58. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
59. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
61. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
63. Lower in esteem.
68. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
71. The supreme commander of a fleet.
73. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
76. A public promotion of some product or service.
78. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
80. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
81. (Hindu mythology) The most important of the princes in the Bhagavad-Gita to whom Krishna explains the nature of being and of God and how humans can come to know God.
83. Closed with a lace.
85. A fencing sword with a v-shaped blade and a slightly curved handle.
86. Go trecking.
88. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
89. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
90. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
91. Marked by excessive complacency or self-satisfaction.
92. A French abbot.
93. Not out.
96. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
98. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
102. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.