1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
4. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
8. A plant consisting of buildings with facilities for manufacturing.
12. Colloquial British abbreviation.
16. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
17. Type genus of the Anatidae.
18. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
19. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
20. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
21. A succulent orange-sized tropical fruit with a thick rind.
23. Wild geese.
24. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
26. A green or yellow or brown mineral consisting of a hydrated silicate.
28. A shaped mass of baked bread.
29. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
31. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
33. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
37. A bachelor's degree in religion.
39. A white trivalent metallic element.
40. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
42. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
43. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
47. Outfitting a ship again (by repairing or replacing parts).
49. Of or involving dispute or controversy.
51. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
52. A vowel whose quality or length is changed to indicate linguistic distinctions (such as sing sang sung song).
53. Resembling the new moon in shape.
54. A case for containing a set of articles.
55. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
57. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
59. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
61. The square of a body of any size of type.
62. Common black European thrush.
64. Extremely robust.
65. Stalk of a moss capsule.
66. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
68. Something done (usually as opposed to something said).
70. A metric unit of length equal to 100 meters.
72. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
74. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
75. A genus of Platalea.
78. Growing old.
81. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
83. (botany) Of or relating to or functioning as a cambium.
86. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
88. A source of danger.
91. An index of the cost of all goods and services to a typical consumer.
92. The father of your father or mother.
94. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
96. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
97. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
98. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
100. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
101. Used of a single unit or thing.
102. To fix or set securely or deeply.
103. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
104. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A ridge of the earth's crust that has been forced upward between two faults and so is higher than the surrounding land.
2. Isolated from others.
3. German mathematician (1804-1851).
4. 10 grams.
5. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
6. The condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness.
7. A genus of European owls.
8. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
9. The striking of one body against another.
10. 16 ounces.
11. (anatomy) A somewhat rounded subdivision of a bodily organ or part.
12. The part of a coal seam that is being cut.
13. The capital city of Vietnam.
14. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
15. Soreness and warmth caused by friction.
22. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
25. Summer cypress.
27. A curved oriental saber.
30. An herb with milky juice.
32. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
34. (anatomy) A depression or fissure where vessels or nerves or ducts enter a bodily organ.
35. A benign epithelial tumor of glandular origin.
36. Belonging to some prior time.
38. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
41. A republic in northwestern South America.
44. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
45. A bit resembling a snaffle bit.
46. An electrical device that sends or receives radio or television signals.
48. The time interval between the deposit of a check in a bank and its payment.
50. French painter whose work influenced the impressionists (1832-1883).
56. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
58. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir.
60. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
63. A local computer network for communication between computers.
67. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
68. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
69. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
71. Large European marine food fish.
73. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
76. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
77. A compound derived from ammonia by replacing hydrogen atoms by univalent hydrocarbon radicals.
79. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
80. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults.
82. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
83. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
84. Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root.
85. Young sheep.
87. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
89. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
90. God of love and erotic desire.
93. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
95. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
96. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
99. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.