1. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
4. Jordan's port.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. A passage with access only at one end.
16. A theory of strong interactions between elementary particles (including the interaction that binds protons and neutrons in the nucleus).
17. Of or relating to the feet.
18. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
19. Used of a single unit or thing.
20. A state in northwestern North America.
22. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. A large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm.
26. Any of various common orange trees yielding sour or bitter fruit.
29. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
31. Petty quarrel.
32. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
33. Czech composer who combined folk elements with traditional forms (1841-1904).
35. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
36. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
38. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
39. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
42. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
45. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
47. An associate degree in nursing.
50. Feeling a need to see others suffer.
51. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
52. Located, suited for, or taking place in the open air.
54. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
55. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
59. (used to introduce a logical conclusion) From that fact or reason or as a result.
60. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
62. A son who has the same first name as his father.
63. (Greek mythology) The god of the underworld in ancient mythology.
64. Physicist honored for advances in solid state electronics (born in Japan in 1925).
67. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
70. An upright that is a member in a door or window frame.
71. Having corresponding sounds especially terminal sounds.
73. Having a gradual increase in width.
75. Of a dull grayish brown to brownish gray color.
76. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
77. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
80. Induce to have sex.
84. Give a description of.
91. Untanned hide especially of cattle.
93. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
94. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
95. A rich sweet made of flavored sugar and often combined with fruit or nuts.
97. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
98. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
99. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
100. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
101. (Scottish) A narrow secluded valley (in the mountains).
102. Related by blood.
1. Jordan's port.
2. United States neoclassical architect (1847-1909).
3. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
4. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
5. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
6. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
7. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
8. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
9. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
10. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
11. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
12. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
13. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
14. Cause to feel relaxed.
15. A battle in World War II.
21. An island in the Persian Gulf.
23. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
25. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
27. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
28. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
30. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
34. (neurology) Of or relating to the vagus nerve.
37. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. A quality that arouses emotions (especially pity or sorrow).
41. (British) An order for goods to be exported or imported.
43. Small long-bodied short-legged German breed of dog having a short sleek coat and long drooping ears.
44. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
46. Treat with iodine.
48. A small cavity or space within an organ or in a plant or animal.
49. Temporal sense.
53. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
56. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
57. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
58. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
61. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
65. From fermented juice of black morello cherries.
66. Not out.
68. Having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky.
69. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
72. Large family of important mostly marine food fishes.
73. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
74. Move or draw apart.
75. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
78. Prolific Flemish baroque painter.
79. Late time of life.
81. Any plant of the genus Erica.
82. Trade name for an oral contraceptive containing estradiol and norgestrel.
83. Of or relating to the former Indo-European people.
85. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
86. (informal) A bunch.
87. North American woodland herb similar to and used as substitute for the Chinese ginseng.
88. Framework for holding objects.
89. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
90. A symptom of some physical hurt or disorder.
92. A swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property.
96. An uproarious party.