1. Sound recording consisting of a disc with continuous grooves.
5. Of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
9. Tropical Asian starlings.
13. A steep-walled semicircular basin in a mountain.
16. The capital and largest city of Norway.
17. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
18. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
19. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
20. Reflecting gloom.
21. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
22. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
23. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
24. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
26. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
27. A native-born Israeli.
28. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
29. At full speed.
31. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
32. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
36. A French abbot.
39. Water frozen in the solid state.
41. A deep bow.
43. A branch of the Tai languages.
44. (from a combination of MOdulate and DEModulate) Electronic equipment consisting of a device used to connect computers by a telephone line.
47. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
49. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
50. An associate degree in nursing.
51. A radioactive transuranic element that is similar to uranium.
53. A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny.
55. A place where the wicked are punished after death.
58. American civil rights worker in Mississippi.
60. Not reflecting light.
61. Type and genus of the Isoetaceae and sole extant genus of the order Isoetales.
62. Farm consisting of a large tract of land along with facilities needed to raise livestock (especially cattle).
64. The compass point midway between south and southwest.
65. Any plant of the genus Shortia.
66. Look at with amorous intentions.
67. Distance measured in miles.
70. A Mid-Atlantic state.
71. Unlicensed drinking establishment.
73. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
75. Tag the base runner to get him out.
76. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
83. A sharp abrupt noise as if two objects hit together.
87. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
88. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
89. Minute aquatic herbs floating on or below the water surface of still water consisting of a leaflike frond or plant body and single root.
90. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
93. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
95. An advantageous purchase.
96. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
97. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
98. (heraldry) An ordinary consisting of a broad horizontal band across a shield.
99. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
1. A religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof.
2. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
3. A person who stays in bed until a relatively late hour.
4. A socialist who advocates communism.
5. The foot of a human being.
6. A genus of evergreen climbers.
7. Type genus of the Anatidae.
8. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
9. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
10. Not only so, but.
11. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
12. Squash bugs.
13. A person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
14. Impairment resulting from long use.
15. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
25. Used of a single unit or thing.
28. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
30. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
33. In addition.
34. Of or relating to saliva.
35. (used of persons) Standing above others in character or attainment or reputation.
37. Susceptible to being defeated.
38. Being one more than seventeen.
40. Tropical Asian tree with hard white wood and bark formerly used as a remedy for dysentery and diarrhea.
42. An airfoil that controls lateral motion.
45. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
46. Small Asian deer with small antlers and a cry like a bark.
48. Deciduous shrubs and trees of eastern Asia, southern Europe and the United States.
52. Brought together into a group or crowd.
54. An iconic mental representation.
56. A long loud emotional utterance.
57. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
59. United States artist whose work reflected social and political themes (1898-1969).
63. Make a mess of, destroy or ruin.
68. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
69. A device that very useful for a particular job.
72. Imperial moths.
74. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
77. Not widely known.
78. Very dark black.
79. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
80. The sixth month of the civil year.
81. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
82. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
84. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
85. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
86. Knock unconscious or senseless.
91. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
92. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
94. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.