1. Standard time in the 8th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 120th meridian west.
4. A training program to prepare college students to be commissioned officers.
8. Similar to the color of jade.
12. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. An endorsement.
18. A city in northwestern Syria.
19. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
20. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
22. A crisp smooth lustrous fabric.
24. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
25. A mechanical device used for dicing food.
26. A craftsman who lays or repairs roofs.
28. Make amends for.
30. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
32. Plant bearing large mild thick-walled usually bell-shaped fruits.
35. Fed beyond capacity or desire.
42. Tag the base runner to get him out.
43. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
44. Make amendments to.
45. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
49. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
50. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
52. A stingy hoarder of money and possessions (often living miserably).
53. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
56. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
58. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
59. An ester of carbamic acid.
61. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
62. Anything that serves as an enticement.
63. Celebes megapode that lays eggs in holes in sandy beaches.
64. The younger brother of Edwy who became king of Northumbria when it renounced Edwy.
66. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
70. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
71. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
77. Any of various chiefly fall-blooming herbs of the genus Aster with showy daisylike flowers.
82. Obvious and dull.
86. English monk and scholar (672-735).
87. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
89. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
90. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
91. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
93. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
94. Any competition.
96. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
97. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
98. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
99. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
1. A genus of Ploceidae.
2. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
3. United States film actor who appeared in many films with Katharine Hepburn (1900-1967).
4. A deep prolonged loud noise.
5. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
6. Brightly colored tropical freshwater fishes.
7. A state of extreme confusion and disorder.
8. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
9. On or toward the lee.
10. Leave a train.
11. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
12. A discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal.
13. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
14. The basic unit of money in Iran.
15. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
21. Usually Friday night through Sunday.
23. The front limb of a quadruped.
27. Baby bed with high sides.
29. A bachelor's degree in religion.
31. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
33. (Greek mythology) The blind prophet of Thebes who revealed to Oedipus that Oedipus had murdered his father and married his mother.
34. (mathematics) A symbol that represents a function from functions to functions.
36. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
37. Any of several herbs of the genus Dipsacus native to the Old World having flower heads surrounded by spiny bracts.
38. A doctor's degree in religion.
39. Small genus of deciduous West Indian trees or shrubs.
40. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
41. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
46. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
47. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
48. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
51. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
54. A unit of subjective loudness.
55. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
57. A state in New England.
60. Feeling mild pleasurable excitement.
65. European freshwater game fish with a thick spindle-shaped body.
67. A state in southeastern United States.
68. A lining applied to the edge of a garment for ornamentation or strengthening.
69. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
72. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
73. Water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere v 1.
74. A dialect of Chinese spoken in southeastern China.
75. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
76. Not out.
78. A Hindu prince or king in India.
79. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
80. Being five more than fifty.
81. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
83. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
84. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
85. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
88. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
92. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
95. A radioactive element of the actinide series.