1. A light touch or stroke.
4. Toward the inside of the cheek.
9. An inhabitant of Lappland.
13. Wild and domestic cattle.
16. (informal) Of the highest quality.
17. Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784).
18. Goddess of fate.
19. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
20. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
22. An indirect (and usually malicious) implication.
25. The state of being behind in payments.
27. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
28. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
29. A mortise joint formed by interlocking tenons and mortises.
31. Used of riotously drunken merrymaking.
33. A metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter.
35. An operating system that is on a disk.
37. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
38. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
40. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
43. A large continuous extent of land.
48. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
50. Socially disoriented.
52. (computer science) A read-only memory chip that can be erased by ultraviolet light and programmed again with new data.
53. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
54. A decree that prohibits something.
56. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
58. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
59. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
61. Flowering plant with two cotyledons.
63. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
66. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
67. Of texture.
69. Having or showing keen interest or intense desire or impatient expectancy.
70. Slightly open.
73. Mosses similar to those of genus Bryum but larger.
74. A sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic.
75. A cyst on the underside of the tongue.
77. Tall hat.
78. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
79. A state in north central United States.
80. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
81. Of or relating to near the ear.
83. A hired hand who tends cattle and performs other duties on horseback.
86. An indistinct shapeless form.
88. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
92. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
93. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
96. The capital of Western Samoa.
98. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
99. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
100. Any of various usually white herons having long plumes during breeding season.
101. The activity of persuading someone to buy.
102. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
103. Informal terms for the mouth.
104. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
105. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
106. The bill in a restaurant.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
3. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
4. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
5. A female heir.
6. Painter (born in Germany, resident of France and the United States) who was a cofounder of Dadaism.
7. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
8. Resin of the kauri trees of N Zealand.
9. United States actor who performed with his wife Lynn Fontanne in many stage productions (1893-1977).
10. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
11. Any of various amines (such as putrescine or cadaverine) formed by the action of putrefactive bacteria.
12. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
13. A job in an organization.
14. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
15. Wood of a sumac.
21. Tall East Indian cedar having spreading branches with nodding tips.
23. The fatty flesh of eel.
24. Leave a camp.
26. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
30. Chief port of Yemen.
32. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
34. A great raja.
36. Marked by lack of intellectual depth.
39. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
41. An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety.
42. Large hard-shelled oval nut with a fibrous husk containing thick white meat surrounding a central cavity filled (when fresh) with fluid or milk.
44. A secondary school (usually private).
45. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
46. The government (political and military) of the Soviet Union.
47. Smeared with something that soils or stains.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. One related on the mother's side.
55. A public promotion of some product or service.
57. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
60. An offensive against and enemy (using weapons).
62. A small band of jazz musicians.
64. Pepsi Cola is a trademarked cola.
65. A salt of any halogen acid.
68. (biology) A taxonomic category below a class and above an order.
71. A port in northern Belgium on the Scheldt river.
72. The savage and excessive killing of people.
73. Painter (born in Germany, resident of France and the United States) who was a cofounder of Dadaism.
76. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
82. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
84. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
85. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
87. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
88. Most important element.
89. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
90. An informal term for a father.
91. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
94. Come into the possession of something concrete or abstract.
95. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
97. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.