1. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
4. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
8. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
12. Noisy talk.
16. A branch of the Tai languages.
17. A mass of small bubbles formed in or on a liquid.
18. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
19. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
20. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
21. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
22. The capital of Western Samoa.
23. A structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops.
24. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
26. United States painter noted for brilliant colors and bold brushwork (1859-1935).
28. A German city near Leipzig.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. The sail above the royal on a square-rigger.
35. The top horizontal work surface of a table.
40. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
41. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
44. The ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the acetabulum.
45. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
46. (pathology) Abnormally constricted body canal or passage.
50. A decree that prohibits something.
51. Direct in spatial dimensions.
54. A small contrasting part of something.
56. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
59. A rich black loam of India.
61. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
62. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
63. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
65. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
67. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
68. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
71. A republic on the Isthmus of Panama.
74. Being one more than two.
78. Make a shrill creaking, squeaking, or noise, as of a door, mouse, or bird.
82. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
85. Get something.
87. The capital and largest city of Myanmar.
89. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
90. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
91. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
93. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
94. Water frozen in the solid state.
95. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
96. A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere.
97. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
98. An informal term for a father.
1. A common venereal disease caused by the Treponema pallidum spirochete.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. Relating to or being a word processing system that prints the text exactly as it appears on the computer screen.
4. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
5. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
6. Large whale with a large cavity in the head containing spermaceti and oil.
7. Slanderous defamation.
8. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
9. The striking of one body against another.
10. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
11. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
12. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
13. Highly excited.
14. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
15. A large oven for firing or burning or drying such things as porcelain or bricks.
25. The selling of something purchased.
27. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
29. A state in midwestern United States.
30. The location of something surrounded by other things.
32. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
34. A city in western Lithuania on the Baltic Sea.
36. Pertaining to filberts or hazelnuts.
37. Island in West Indies.
38. A tranquilizing drug (trade name Serax) used to treat anxiety and insomnia and alcohol withdrawal.
39. A long slender cigar.
42. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
43. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
47. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
48. A parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula.
49. A Mid-Atlantic state.
52. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
53. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
55. Subdivision not used in some classifications.
57. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
58. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
60. An official at a baseball game.
64. Being one more than ninety.
66. An inferior imitator of some distinguished writer or artist of musician.
69. A Japanese martial art employing principles similar to judo.
70. Fallow deer.
72. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
73. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Ansaid) that is administered only orally.
75. Austrian composer who influenced the classical form of the symphony (1732-1809).
76. A means of flight or ascent.
77. Spiritual being attendant upon God.
79. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
80. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
81. An elaborate party (often outdoors).
82. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
83. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
84. Employed in accomplishing something.
86. British informal term.
88. Not of long duration.
89. A police officer who investigates crimes.
92. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.