1. A person's brother or sister.
4. United States biochemist who discovered how genes act by regulating definite chemical events (1909-1975).
9. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
13. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
16. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
17. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
18. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
19. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
20. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
21. Flesh of young Atlantic cod weighing up to 2 pounds.
22. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
23. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
24. Diuretic (trade name Lozal) used in the treatment of hypertension.
26. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
28. Unknown god.
30. Distant in either space or time.
31. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
33. A master's degree in business.
35. Type genus of the Amiidae.
38. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
40. A military trainee (as at a military academy).
44. An informal term for a father.
45. Being nine more than ninety.
47. Raised for its long silky hair which is the true mohair.
49. A period of time assigned for work.
50. Talk pompously.
52. The capital and largest city of Jordan.
54. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
55. Strong liquor flavored with juniper berries.
58. A city in Veneto on the River Adige.
60. A statement (either spoken or written) that is made in reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation.
63. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
65. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
66. The lean flesh of a saltwater fish found it warm waters (especially Hawaii).
68. A mountain peak in south central Sri Lanka (7,360 feet high).
72. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
73. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
76. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
77. In bed.
78. A game played with playing cards.
80. Youngest daughter of the prophet Mohammed and wife of the fourth calif Ali.
82. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
83. Hoary alyssum.
85. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
86. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
89. Relating to or near the ulna.
91. Toward the mouth or oral region.
95. The ending of a series or sequence.
98. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
99. A United States unit of weight equivalent to 2000 pounds.
100. Italian painter and son of Fra Filippo Lippi (1457-1504).
102. Type genus of the Majidae.
104. Preserve of crushed fruit.
105. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
106. Any plant of the genus Erica.
107. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
108. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
1. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
2. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
3. A Japanese cheer of enthusiasm or triumph.
4. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
5. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
6. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
7. Pertaining to or resembling Utopia.
8. (from a combination of MOdulate and DEModulate) Electronic equipment consisting of a device used to connect computers by a telephone line.
9. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
10. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
11. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
12. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
13. The capital of Western Samoa.
14. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
15. The act of scanning.
25. Look forward to the probably occurrence of.
27. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
29. The qualities of a hero or heroine.
32. Church founded by Joseph Smith in 1830 with headquarters in Salt Lake City Utah.
34. Enlarged prostate.
36. Sauce for pasta.
37. An informal term for a father.
39. The cry made by sheep.
41. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
42. Having a gray or brown streak or a pattern or a patchy coloring.
43. An act of scaling by the use of ladders (especially the walls of a fortification).
46. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
48. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
51. (Babylonian) Father of the gods.
53. A state in the western United States.
56. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
57. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
59. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
61. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
62. The square of a body of any size of type.
64. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
67. The property of being large in mass.
69. A great raja.
70. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
71. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
74. An ancient country in central Italy.
75. Garlic mayonnaise.
79. Cereal grass widely cultivated for its grain.
81. The capital of Bahrain.
84. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
87. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
88. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
90. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
91. Before noon.
92. A Hindu prince or king in India.
93. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
94. Fallow deer.
96. An index of the cost of all goods and services to a typical consumer.
97. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
101. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
103. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.