1. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
4. Jordan's port.
9. Disparaging terms for small people.
13. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
16. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
17. A fine strong sheer silky fabric made of silk or rayon or nylon.
18. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
19. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
20. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
22. State capital and largest city of Georgia.
24. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
26. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
28. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
29. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
30. Before noon.
31. An outcome (good or bad) that is well deserved.
32. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
34. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
36. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
38. Type genus of the Triglidae.
42. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
45. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
48. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
49. Offering safety.
50. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
51. Small genus of succulent annual herbs found on sandy shores of North America and Europe.
54. Very dark black.
56. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
57. United States actor (born in Hungary) noted for playing sinister roles (1904-1964).
58. Remaining after all deductions.
59. A genus of small kites of both Old and New Worlds.
62. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
63. A master's degree in business.
64. Combining form.
66. United States architect (born in China in 1917).
67. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
69. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
74. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
75. A periodic paperback publication.
76. 100 pfennigs equal 1 Deutsche Mark.
81. Informal terms for a meal.
82. A native or inhabitant of Yugoslavia.
89. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
90. A port city in southwestern Iran.
93. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
94. Elevated open grassland in southern Africa.
95. Perceived or discerned.
97. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
98. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
99. Subject to popular election.
100. Same in identity.
1. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
2. Administer an oil or ointment to.
3. A United States youth subculture of the 1950s.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
6. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
7. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
8. Squash bugs.
9. Moving or directed or tending in a backward direction or contrary to a previous direction.
10. A state in the western United States.
11. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.
12. (Akkadian) Mother of the gods and consort of Apsu.
13. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
14. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
15. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
21. Large long-tailed gallinaceous bird native to the Old World but introduced elsewhere.
23. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
25. A stop that keeps open doors from moving.
27. A cgs unit of work or energy.
35. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
37. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
39. A monoamine neurotransmitter found in the brain and essential for the normal functioning of the central nervous system.
40. Italian violin maker and grandson of Andrea Guarneri (1687?-1745).
41. Being of the same opinion.
43. Showing or characterized by broad-mindedness.
44. Any tropical African shrub of the genus Protea having alternate rigid leaves and dense colorful flower heads resembling cones.
46. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
47. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
52. (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) Optical device that produces an intense monochromatic beam of coherent light.
53. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
55. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
60. The act of using.
61. A radioactive transuranic element.
65. Lap at the front of a coat.
68. An island in Antigua and Barbuda.
69. An associate degree in nursing.
70. A tricyclic antidepressant (trade names Imavate and Tofranil) used to treat clinical depression.
71. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
72. United States physicist (born in Germany) noted for research in astrophysics and nuclear physics (born 1906).
73. Used in some especially older classifications.
74. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. The face or front of a building.
78. Moving quickly and lightly.
79. An honorary degree in science.
80. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
81. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
83. A person who makes use of a thing.
84. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
85. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
86. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
87. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
88. Give over.
91. The last (12th) month of the year.
92. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
93. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
96. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.