1. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
5. Of or being the lowest female voice.
9. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
13. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
16. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
17. A historical area and former kingdom in northwestern Spain.
18. The Judeo-Christian God.
19. An accountant certified by the state.
20. Of or relating to or characteristic of the people or language of Malaysia and the N Malay Peninsula and parts of the W Malay Archipelago.
21. A state in northwestern North America.
24. A very troublesome child.
27. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
28. Not only so, but.
30. German anatomist (1829-1905).
32. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
34. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
35. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
39. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
40. English prelate and statesman.
44. An award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event.
45. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
47. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. Ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside).
50. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
53. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
55. Being one more than fifty.
57. Report or maintain.
59. A series of things depending on each other as if linked together.
61. Bark in a high-pitched tone.
62. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
63. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
64. Make less active or intense.
66. Take away the weapons from.
67. A woman of refinement.
70. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
71. Wildly disordered.
73. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
76. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
78. Trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions.
81. Consisting of or made of cedar.
86. Fast-growing tree of India and East Indies yielding a wood used especially for building.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
90. (used especially of glances) Directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy.
92. Imperial moths.
93. Take something away by force or without the consent of the owner.
94. The mother-in-law of Ruth whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament.
95. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
97. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
98. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
99. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
100. An informal term for a father.
101. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
1. Young sheep.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. A constitutional monarchy in southeastern Asia on Borneo and the Malay Peninsula.
4. Engaged in as a pastime.
5. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
6. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
7. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
8. In operation or operational.
9. European shad.
10. The lower part of the abdomen just above the external genital organs.
11. A genus of Hirundinidae.
12. A state in north central United States.
13. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
14. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
15. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
22. A trite or obvious remark.
23. Type genus of Burseraceae.
25. Cloak consisting of an oblong piece of cloth used to cover the head and shoulders.
26. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
29. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
33. Shrubby lichens of the family Usneaceae having a flattened thallus.
36. One of 7 to 12 sons of Aditi.
37. Any of the Hindu sacred writing.
38. A rester who is sleeping.
41. The dialect of Chinese spoken in Canton and neighboring provinces and in Hong Kong and elsewhere outside China.
42. Discrimination in favor of the able-bodied.
43. A state in New England.
46. A can with a long nozzle to apply oil to machinery.
51. French philosopher and critic.
52. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
54. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
56. Especially a leaf of grass or the broad portion of a leaf as distinct from the petiole.
58. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
60. Lower in esteem.
65. Handsome tree of central and eastern North America having large bipinnate leaves and green-white flowers followed by large woody brown pods whose seeds are used as a coffee substitute.
68. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
69. Before noon.
72. A person who is authorized to read publications or correspondence or to watch theatrical performances and suppress in whole or in part anything considered obscene or politically unacceptable v 1.
74. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
75. The basic monetary unit in many countries.
76. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
77. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
79. A naturally occuring glyceride of oleic acid that is found in fats and oils.
80. An oil port in southern Iraq.
82. Very dark black.
83. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
84. A loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion.
85. An artificial source of visible illumination.
87. Having been read.
88. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
91. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
96. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.