1. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
5. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
9. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
16. Using speech rather than writing.
17. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
18. Divisible by two.
19. A doctor's degree in education.
20. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
22. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
24. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
25. A port city in southwestern Iran.
27. A state in New England.
29. Praise, glorify, or honor.
30. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
32. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
35. One thousandth of a second.
39. A genus of Lamnidae.
45. Pretentious or silly talk or writing.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
47. Someone deranged and possibly dangerous.
49. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
52. Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog.
53. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
54. An island (part of Campania) in the Bay of Naples in southern Italy.
56. Late time of life.
57. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
58. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
62. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
63. An ode form used by Pindar.
66. Make anew.
67. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
68. A city on the River Aire in West Yorkshire in northern England.
70. A doctor's degree in education.
72. Half the width of an em.
74. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
77. King of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to 1975 (1906-1975).
80. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
85. The sign language used in the United States.
86. The capital of Morocco.
90. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
91. Step on it.
92. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
93. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
94. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
95. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
96. Swiss mathematician (1707-1783).
97. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
98. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
1. Steadfast in allegiance or duty.
2. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
3. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
4. In the Arabian Nights a boy who acquires a magic lamp from which he can summon a genie.
5. Used of mouth or eyes.
6. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
7. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
8. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
9. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
10. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
11. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
12. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
13. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
14. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
15. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
21. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
23. A state in midwestern United States.
26. A bachelor's degree in religion.
28. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
31. Having the head uncovered.
33. A humorous anecdote or remark.
34. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
36. Fatty red flesh of salmon of Pacific coast and rivers.
37. An act of scaling by the use of ladders (especially the walls of a fortification).
38. A British imperial capacity measure (liquid or dry) equal to 36 bushels.
40. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
41. Having a crew.
42. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
43. A cleansing agent made from the salts of vegetable or animal fats.
44. English novelist (born in Poland) noted for sea stories and for his narrative technique (1857-1924).
48. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
50. Proboscis monkeys.
51. Erect leafless flower stalk growing directly from the ground as in a tulip.
55. A town in north central Oklahoma.
59. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
60. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
61. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
64. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
65. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
69. A card game for 2 players.
71. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
73. Low-growing tropical perennials grown for their stingless foliage.
75. The table in Christian churches where communion is given.
76. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
78. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
79. A Loloish language.
81. A major god.
82. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
83. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
84. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
87. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
88. (informal) Of the highest quality.
89. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
90. Before noon.