1. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
4. Someone who skis.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
13. Give a nickname to.
16. A doctor's degree in education.
17. Solid-hoofed herbivorous quadruped domesticated since prehistoric times.
18. Type genus of the Majidae.
19. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
20. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
21. Correction by erasing.
23. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
25. Jordan's port.
27. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
28. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
29. Perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers.
30. Make less active or intense.
32. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
35. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
37. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
41. A widely distributed perennial sedge having small edible nutlike tubers.
44. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
47. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
48. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
49. A state in midwestern United States.
51. Any cone-shaped artifact.
52. Encircle or bind.
53. United States architect known for his steel framed skyscrapers and for coining the phrase `form follows function' (1856-1924).
55. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
56. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
57. A singer of popular ballads.
59. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
60. Of or relating to or characteristic of the early Saxons or Anglo-Saxons and their descendents (especially the English or Lowland Scots) and their language.
63. To a severe or serious degree.
64. (computer science) American Standard Code for Information Interchange.
66. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
67. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
68. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
70. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
73. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
76. A feeling of intense anger.
77. A defeat of the Persian army by the Greeks in 479 BC.
80. A form of Japanese poetry.
81. Type genus of the Parulidae.
83. Constitution of the human body.
85. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
89. An edict of the Russian tsar.
92. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
93. Not of long duration.
94. A particular situation.
96. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
98. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
99. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
100. Remove from memory or existence.
101. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
102. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
1. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
2. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
3. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
4. (physics) A deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves.
5. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
6. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
7. The choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience.
8. (Old Testament) A son of Jacob and forefather of one of the tribes of Israel.
9. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
10. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
11. A genus of Platalea.
12. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
13. Material used to daub walls.
14. Relating to the Urdu language.
15. South African term for `boss'.
22. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
24. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
26. A Russian soup usually containing beet juice as a foundation.
31. Relating to or containing bile.
33. Treat with fumes, expose to fumes.
34. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
36. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
38. Loss of hair (especially on the head) or wool or feathers.
39. Threatening or foreshadowing evil or tragic developments.
40. The activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit.
42. Sound recording consisting of a disc with continuous grooves.
43. Wild ox of mountainous areas of eastern India.
45. A small mallet used by a presiding officer or a judge.
46. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
50. Swelling of the rumen or intestinal tract of domestic animals caused by excessive gas v 1.
54. A small lobe or subdivision of a lobe.
58. The cry made by sheep.
61. A Greek unit of weight equal to one tenth of a gram.
62. Of or pertaining to or characteristic of Nepal or its people or language or culture.
65. A pattern forming a unity within a larger structural whole.
69. A Chadic language spoken in the Mandara mountains in Cameroon.
70. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
71. An ungainly posture with arms and legs spread about.
72. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
74. Terrestrial game birds of the Old World and Australia.
75. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
78. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
79. Lower in esteem.
82. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
84. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
86. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
87. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
88. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
90. A state of southwestern India.
91. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
92. Half the width of an em.
95. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
97. 16 ounces.