1. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
4. First in order of importance.
9. A constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Octans.
13. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. Small goat antelope with small conical horns.
18. The specified day of the month.
19. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
20. A loose cloak with a hood.
22. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
24. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
25. A series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep.
26. The face veil worn by Muslim women.
29. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
30. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
31. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
33. Take in solid food.
36. A living organism characterized by voluntary movement.
39. A school teaching mechanical and industrial arts and the applied sciences.
42. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
44. United States sculptor (born in 1924).
47. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
48. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
50. The dilated portion of a canal or duct especially of the semicircular canals of the ear.
52. A French abbot.
54. Close-fitting pants of heavy denim for casual wear (usually in the plural).
55. An island in the Persian Gulf.
56. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
57. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
58. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
60. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
61. Large Indian antelope.
63. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
67. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
71. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
72. (football) Of advancing the ball by throwing it.
73. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
74. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
77. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
80. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
82. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
87. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
91. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
94. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
95. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
96. (Greek mythology) The Titaness who was mother of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology.
98. The taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth.
100. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
101. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
102. Large long-armed ape of Borneo and Sumatra having arboreal habits.
103. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
104. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
1. Polish filmmaker (born in 1929).
2. Very attentive or observant.
3. Indigo bush.
4. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
5. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
6. Colonial siphonophore of up to 130 ft long.
7. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
8. By bad luck.
9. American Revolutionary patriot.
10. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
11. A city in central New York.
12. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
13. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
14. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
15. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
21. Goddess of fortune.
23. A genus of Apodidae.
27. Used of a single unit or thing.
28. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
32. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
34. Any of various chiefly Mediterranean plants of the genera Asphodeline and Asphodelus having linear leaves and racemes of white or pink or yellow flowers.
35. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
37. A lease from one one lessee to another.
38. Not wooded.
40. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
41. Highly aromatic inner bark of the Canella winterana used as a condiment and a tonic.
43. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
45. Any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream.
46. A local computer network for communication between computers.
49. The capital and largest city of Jordan.
51. The month following February and preceding April.
53. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
59. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
62. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
64. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
65. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
66. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
68. (informal) Of the highest quality.
69. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
70. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
75. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
76. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
78. The highest part (usually the melody) in a piece of choral music.
79. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
81. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
83. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
84. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
85. An unforeseen obstacle.
86. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
87. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
88. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
89. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
90. (informal) Very tired.
92. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
93. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
97. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
99. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.