1. Of southern Europe.
4. 1,000 baiza equal 1 riyal-omani.
9. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
13. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
16. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
17. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
18. A French abbot.
19. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
20. Tag the base runner to get him out.
21. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
22. A system of high tension cables by which electrical power is distributed throughout a region.
23. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
24. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
26. Coextensive with the order Pholidota.
29. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
31. An industrial town in north central Alabama.
33. The branch of biology that studies plants.
36. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
37. Half the width of an em.
40. Report or maintain.
41. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
45. A state in southeastern United States.
47. Having relatively few calories.
49. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
50. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
53. Any loose flowing garment.
54. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
56. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
58. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
60. The dialect of Ancient Greek spoken by Arcadians.
61. The formation of frost or ice on a surface.
62. (Christianity) The abode of Satan and the forces of evil.
64. Become taut or tauter.
66. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
67. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
68. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
69. 1/1000 gram.
70. Liveliness and energy.
72. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
73. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
78. Having no horns.
81. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
88. Subject to or caused by an earthquake or earth vibration.
89. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
90. A base or platform on which hay or corn is stacked.
93. A mountain peak in central Washington.
94. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
95. The closing section of a musical composition.
96. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
98. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
99. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
100. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
101. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
102. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
1. God of fire.
2. A fraudulent business scheme.
3. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
4. Regret strongly.
5. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
6. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
7. Large ornamental tropical American tree with bipinnate leaves and globose clusters of flowers with crimson stamens and sweet-pulp seed pods eaten by cattle.
8. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
9. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
10. A substance that abrades or wears down.
11. True firs.
12. Having leadership guidance.
13. An Oscan-speaking member of an ancient people of Campania.
14. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
15. Fallow deer.
25. A horse-drawn carriage in India.
27. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
28. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
30. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
32. A Mid-Atlantic state.
34. A person who directs and manages an organization.
35. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
38. Having had the bones removed.
39. United States baseball manager (1890-1975).
42. To say or state again.
43. Enthusiastic approval.
44. The academic world.
46. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
48. A nonmetallic element belonging to the halogens.
51. Hidden and difficult to see.
52. Inspiring awe or admiration or wonder.
55. An audiotape recording of sound.
57. An island comprising the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
59. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
63. (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) Optical device that produces an intense monochromatic beam of coherent light.
65. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
71. Pale beer with strong flavor of hops.
72. An Oscan-speaking member of an ancient people of Campania.
74. A radioactive transuranic element.
75. Located at or near the back of an animal.
76. Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse.
77. Make soiled, filthy, or dirty.
79. The action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack.
80. Flesh of young Atlantic cod weighing up to 2 pounds.
82. A chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck.
83. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
84. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
85. An informal term for a father.
86. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
87. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
88. An informal term for a father.
91. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
92. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
97. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.