1. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
4. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
9. Of or relating to near the ear.
13. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
17. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
18. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
19. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
20. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
22. An inhabitant of ancient Thebes.
24. Your general store of remembered information.
25. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
26. A city of central Russia south of Moscow.
28. A genus of Platalea.
30. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
32. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
33. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
34. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
36. An artistic form of nonverbal communication.
38. A Loloish language.
40. From 190 million to 230 million years ago.
47. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
48. The basic unit of money in Indonesia.
49. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
52. An uproarious party.
53. Romanian violinist and composer (1881-1955).
54. Above the surround or above the normal position.
55. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
59. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
61. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
62. A kind of literary or artistic work.
63. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
66. A machine or person that adds.
68. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
69. A form of magnetic resonance imaging of the brain that registers blood flow to functioning areas of the brain.
71. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
72. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
74. A tart spiciness.
79. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
80. Using speech rather than writing.
81. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
84. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
88. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
91. Two items of the same kind.
93. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
94. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
95. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
96. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
97. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
98. Term of address for a man.
99. A loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral.
100. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
101. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
1. Pay back.
2. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
3. Of or relating to or characteristic of the African Republic of the Sudan or its people.
4. A salt deposit that animals regularly lick.
5. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
6. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
7. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
8. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
9. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
10. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
11. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
12. An ancient country is southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean.
13. Streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air.
14. The relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient).
15. Someone whose business is advertising.
21. (Greek mythology) Son of Daedalus.
23. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
27. A state in northwestern North America.
29. German mathematician (1804-1851).
31. Type genus of the family Ostreidae.
35. Capable of being raised.
37. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
39. (of linens or clothes) Smoothed with a hot iron.
41. A score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely.
42. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
43. Shaped like a pouch.
44. Full of submerged reefs or sandbanks or shoals.
45. A pause or interruption (as in a conversation).
46. Not bearing a date.
50. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
51. Someone who lends money at excessive rates of interest.
56. Either extremity of something that has length.
57. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
58. The deep vascular inner layer of the skin.
60. A small cake leavened with yeast.
64. A crime syndicate in the United States.
65. Air-breathing arthropods characterized by simple eyes and four pairs of legs.
67. A populous province of south central China.
68. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
70. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
73. A bachelor's degree in science.
75. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
76. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
77. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
78. Ox of southeast Asia sometimes considered a domesticated breed of the gaur.
82. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
83. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
85. A genus of Mustelidae.
86. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
87. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
89. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
90. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
92. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
93. An associate degree in nursing.