1. The airforce of Great Britain.
4. French biochemist who (with Jacques Monod) studied regulatory processes in cells (born in 1920).
9. Lacking excess flesh.
13. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
16. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
17. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
18. Something that remunerates.
19. The waging of armed conflict against an enemy.
20. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
21. The event of dying or departure from life.
23. (pathology) Tending to become more severe or wider in scope.
25. The amount a salary is increased.
27. Of or relating to apnea.
29. A republic in eastern Africa.
30. Being one more than fifty.
32. Heal or recover.
34. A state in north central United States.
35. Most important element.
40. Jordan's port.
44. Partially carbonized vegetable matter saturated with water.
47. Living in or characteristic of farming or country life.
48. A small hard particle.
49. Make an etching of.
50. A state in midwestern United States.
51. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
52. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
54. Little known Kamarupan languages.
55. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
58. The capital of Nationalist China.
61. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
62. The seventh month of the civil year.
64. Accumulate on the surface.
65. Indigo bush.
67. (archaic) Of persons.
68. An analgesic for mild pain.
69. Enthusiastic approval.
70. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
72. Chiefly tropical trees and shrubs and vines usually having a tall columnar trunk bearing a crown of very large leaves.
75. An uproarious party.
76. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
80. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
83. Type genus of the family Ulvaceae.
87. Having or resembling a beak.
89. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
91. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
92. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
93. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
94. By bad luck.
96. A decree that prohibits something.
97. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
98. Freshwater or marine or terrestrial gastropod mollusk usually having an external enclosing spiral shell.
99. An expression of open-mouthed astonishment.
100. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Located in or toward the back or rear.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. Well known or easily recognized.
4. Similar to the color of jade.
5. How long something has existed.
6. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
7. Large African forest tree yielding a strong hard yellow to golden brown lumber.
8. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
9. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
10. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. A river in Germany.
13. Being two identical.
14. English navigator who explored the Arctic while searching for the Northwest Passage (1550-1605).
15. A step in walking or running.
22. A rosid dicot genus that includes moon carrots.
24. Australian evergreen shrubs.
26. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
28. An informal conversation.
31. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
33. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
36. Sports that involve bodies of water.
37. The doctrine that reality consists of two basic opposing elements, often taken to be mind and matter (or mind and body), or good and evil.
38. The capital of Australia.
39. A team game that resembles basketball.
41. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
42. Try to stir up public opinion.
43. Causing fear or dread or terror.
45. Absence of the pupil in an eye.
46. Something that is a source of danger.
53. Humorously vulgar.
56. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
57. (psychophysics) The difference between two stimuli that (under properly controlled experimental conditions) is detected as often as it is undetected.
59. Annual or biennial or perennial herbs having showy flowers.
60. The content of cognition.
63. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trademarks Aleve and Anaprox and Aflaxen).
66. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
71. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
73. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
74. Obvious and dull.
77. Jordan's port.
78. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
79. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
81. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
82. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
84. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
85. Being one more than seven.
86. (informal) Exceptionally good.
88. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
90. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
95. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.