1. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
4. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
9. A pilgrim who journeys to Mecca.
13. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
16. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
17. A genus of Indriidae.
18. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
19. A human limb.
20. (Assyrian) Chief god of the Assyrians.
22. An ore of boron consisting of hydrated sodium borate.
24. Large Indian antelope.
26. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
28. Remove from memory or existence.
30. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
31. The skin that covers the top of the head.
33. Largest known toad species.
34. A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river.
35. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
38. Type genus of the Mobulidae.
40. A fit of shivering.
41. A rounded projection or protuberance.
44. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
45. Of or relating to alga.
49. A statement (either spoken or written) that is made in reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation.
50. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
52. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
53. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
54. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
56. Characteristic of false pride.
57. (British) Informal term for information.
59. In a foreign country.
61. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
63. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
64. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
65. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
68. A doctor's degree in education.
70. The acetylated derivative of salicylic acid.
72. A city and port in northern Jutland.
76. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
78. A doctor's degree in religion.
79. A populous province in northeastern China.
80. A headline with the top line flush left and succeeding lines indented to the right.
84. Wearing footgear.
86. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
88. Large flaring bone forming one half of the pelvis.
91. South African writer (1903-1988).
93. Perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers.
95. Tree (as opposed to shrub).
96. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
97. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
100. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
102. Large recently extinct long-horned European wild ox.
103. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
104. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
105. Wearing or provided with clothing.
106. Mentally healthy.
1. The process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid.
2. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
3. A warm dry wind that blows down the northern slopes of the Alps.
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
5. The eleventh month of the civil year.
6. A brief description given for purposes of identification.
7. A branch of the Tai languages.
8. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
9. A six-sided polygon.
10. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
11. The state capital of Alaska.
12. Being one more than two.
13. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
14. A track or mark left by something that has passed.
15. Inflict a heavy blow on, with the hand, a tool, or a weapon.
21. Release from a spell.
23. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
25. A skirt consisting of a rectangle of calico or printed cotton.
27. Related to or located at the back.
29. Slightly sour to the taste.
32. Likely but not certain to be or become true or real.
36. Imperfect development.
37. Of or relating to or characteristic of wolves n.
39. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
42. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
43. United States baseball player (born 1925).
46. Used of old persons or old trees.
47. Liquorice-flavored seeds or oil used in cookies or cakes or pickles.
48. A cord with an attached hook that is used to fire certain types of cannon.
51. The basic unit of money in Sierra Leone.
55. Twist or braid together, interlace.
58. Half the width of an em.
60. A trivial lie.
62. The ratio of reflected to incident light.
66. Able to act at will.
67. Armor plate that protects the chest.
69. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
70. The state capital of Alaska.
71. A genus of Tettigoniidae.
72. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
73. A mountain in the central Himalayas on the border of Tibet and Nepal (27,890 feet high).
74. A Russian river.
75. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
77. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
81. Being or serving as an illustration of a type.
82. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
83. The basic unit of money on Sao Tome e Principe.
84. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
85. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
87. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
89. A word that can be used to refer to a person or place or thing.
90. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
92. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
94. Being nine more than thirty.
98. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
99. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
101. A public promotion of some product or service.