1. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
5. Slightly open.
9. A major god.
13. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
16. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
17. A Russian river.
18. Any loose flowing garment.
19. Having leadership guidance.
20. A state of commotion and loud confused noise.
22. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
23. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
24. A facial expression of contempt or scorn.
25. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
26. Assailed with contemptuous language.
28. A region in central Italy.
31. Water frozen in the solid state.
32. A team of professional baseball players who play and travel together.
35. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
39. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
42. A three-tone Chadic language.
46. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
47. A New England state.
48. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
49. A person who eats all kinds of foods.
50. Advanced in years.
52. Estimation of the amount of lumber in a log.
55. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying the primeval sea.
56. North American water snakes.
58. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
60. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
61. A line drawn on a map connecting points having the same numerical value of some variable.
62. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
63. With eagerness.
65. United States writer of a novel about slavery that advanced the abolitionists' cause (1811-1896).
66. Attempting to get personal recognition for yourself (especially by unacceptable means).
68. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
69. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
72. A white trivalent metallic element.
73. A fictitious name used when the person performs a particular social role.
76. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
79. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
80. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
83. Small carnivorous nocturnal marsupials of Australia and Tasmania.
87. Armor plate that protects the chest.
90. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
92. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
94. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
95. A formal expression of praise.
96. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
98. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
99. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
100. Jordan's port.
101. Wet with dew.
102. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
1. An acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety.
2. Used chiefly as a direction or description in music.
3. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
4. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
5. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
6. A loose cloak with a hood.
7. An associate degree in nursing.
8. A sudden short attack.
9. Indicating the most important performer or role.
10. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
11. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
12. Relating to of containing or affecting blood.
13. Open pastry filled with fruit or custard.
14. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
15. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
21. Using speech rather than writing.
27. A city in southwestern Switzerland at the western end of Lake Geneva.
29. One species.
30. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
33. Pouch used in the shipment of mail.
34. Mason wasps.
36. A compound that exists in forms having different arrangements of atoms but the same molecular weight.
37. Being within certain limits that define the range of normal functioning.
38. A sac-like widening of an artery.
40. Solid and liquid nourishment taken into the body through the mouth.
41. A cigar with both ends cut flat.
43. A master's degree in business.
44. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
45. A unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour.
51. A tree of shrub of the genus Cornus often having showy bracts resembling flowers.
53. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
54. Late Jurassic carnivorous dinosaur.
57. Causing fear or dread or terror.
59. Fallow deer.
64. Submerged freshwater perennials.
67. Being nine more than ninety.
70. An island off southern Alaska in the Gulf of Alaska.
71. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
74. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
75. Small genus of Asian evergreen trees having columnar crowns and distinguished by leaves lacking a midrib.
77. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
78. An expression of greeting.
81. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
82. An elaborate song for solo voice.
84. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
85. Having been read.
86. A lateen-rigged sailing vessel used by Arabs.
87. Being nine more than ninety.
88. In or of the present month.
89. Same in identity.
91. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
93. A branch of the Tai languages.
97. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.