1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
8. The 11th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
12. A branch of the Tai languages.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. The state of being decayed or destroyed.
18. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
19. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. (prefix) Within.
22. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
23. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
24. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
26. A loose cloak with a hood.
28. A Mid-Atlantic state.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
33. A person who eats human flesh.
40. A reason for wanting something done.
43. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
44. Important for human and animal food.
48. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
50. Black tropical American cuckoo.
51. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
52. Situated away from the axis of any body or part.
53. Enthusiastic approval.
55. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
57. That is to say.
58. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
60. A colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
61. Twist or braid together, interlace.
63. A step in walking or running.
65. Any of several weedy vetches grown for forage.
67. Half the width of an em.
68. (used with singular count nouns) Colloquial for `not a' or `not one' or `never a'.
70. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
76. Neither moral nor immoral.
79. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
82. An expensive vessel propelled by sail or power and used for cruising or racing.
83. Having two axes.
87. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
88. Inquire about.
89. Metal shackles.
91. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
93. A public promotion of some product or service.
94. The basic unit of money in Romania.
95. A sudden forceful flow.
96. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
98. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
99. German philosopher whose three stage process of dialectical reasoning was adopted by Karl Marx (1770-1831).
100. A suburb of Paris.
101. A master's degree in library science.
102. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
5. A historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan.
6. Located on a side.
7. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
8. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
9. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
10. A city in Tuscany.
11. Made warm or hot.
12. Devoid of brightness or appeal.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. A town in north central Oklahoma.
15. Informal terms for money.
25. Ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC.
27. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
30. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
31. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
32. Relating to or accompanying birth.
34. Relating to or characteristic of the state or people of Alaska.
35. (of fabrics) Having soft nap produced by brushing.
36. Jordan's port.
37. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
38. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
39. Any of various plants of the genus Aralia.
41. A port and the capital of Guinea.
42. A country north of Ethiopia on the Red Sea.
45. The quality of being fixed in place.
46. Someone who travels by air.
47. American novelist (1909-1955).
49. Deep purplish red n 1.
54. Relating to or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its inhabitants.
56. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
59. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
62. The event of dying or departure from life.
64. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
66. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
69. A city and port in northern Jutland.
70. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
71. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
72. The act of making a noisy disturbance.
73. An Asian river.
74. Duplicator that transmits the copy by wire or radio.
75. An excited state of agitation.
77. An upright tripod for displaying something (usually an artist's canvas).
78. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
80. Limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
81. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
84. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
85. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
86. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
90. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
92. A negative.
97. Before noon.